Affordable Dental Care from DentalPlans.com Campaign websites

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Do we need Churches to be that politically active?

While I do believe it is Church going conservative God given right to vote and fight for his right to have a Church and worship God, I am not sure of how much of a responsibility it is for him/her to be politically active. As a Pentecostal conservative I do get very involved in politics, but I do not try to recruit people from my Church because I feel it’s wrong to do so. When I see a young mother bring her kids to church and just try to do the right thing for God, who am I to ask her to come and make phone calls for some candidate that may be seeking votes from the conservative right? but also introducing this person to a arena they may not understand. A few weeks ago I posted something from my church web site “Consciously sedated in a Cultural Quagmire” written by our web master Jeremy Kiner. I am not sure but I don’t think he is ever been involved in a political campaign but he goes to collage and is very well aware of what is going on in the world and knows very well who the enemy is. And he does vote and I think most Church people including I feel the same way he does in his posting.

For some people in Church need to be focused on God, Church and family alone and not get involved in a world of back stabbing politics. For those of us that do go to Church and are politically active we need to remember to fight for those people rights. And besides that I think that the Republican think tank just wants our votes and don’t care what or who we think should best run the country other wise the Republican front runners would be people like Sam Brownback, Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo
Instead of trying to appease the left and right wing moderates with the likes of John McCain, Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani who has tabloid flavor but no true conservative backing except that they say they will go against there personal beliefs and support the true conservative.

If you want Church People to vote, Don’t ask them to weaken there morals for the Republican party, Just give them a candidate that has a very strong conservative evangelical background, and will run the office with that agenda and passion, the God fearing conservatives will come out of there Churches and go to the polls in massive numbers.

If you would like to read "Consciously Sedated in a Cultural Quagmire" by Jeremy Kiner please click below.

http://www.thebranchcommunity.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=85&Itemid=63

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home